Altra are currently recruiting a Software Engineer for a large commercial organisation. The Software Engineer will develop software for their current and next generation cloud and mobile enterprise products. Working closely with Product, Engineering and Operational Teams, this highly visible and mission critical position will assist in the development of products that. You will work with cutting edge technologies and become involved in the implementation and evolution of the entire product development lifecycle.
The Software Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new products, new features, maintenance and support. Your main tasks will include:
· Contributing to the design and development of object-oriented software.
· Interacting with multiple stakeholders spanning Product, Technology and Operation teams.
· Contributing to the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, coding and testing.
· Proactively managing own tasks to agreed deadlines.
· Adopting and providing feedback on industry best practices to our development teams.
· Working with the team to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures.
· Working with a client centred focus, with an emphasis on issue resolution in line with SLAs.
· Third level qualification in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Proficiency in object-oriented development.
· Minimum 2+ years professional experience developing web solutions in either C# or PHP.
· Experience using SQL and RDBMS.
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate:
· That they are self-motivated, highly organised, proactive and passionate about software development.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
· Working with legacy or enterprise systems
· Docker and microservices
· Unit testing and Mocking frameworks
· CI/CD with build tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo/VSTS
· Agile delivery principles & supporting processes